This is the third post in the Moon Energy Series.
The Moon is waxing between the New and Full Moon. When you see it in the sky, the curve is on the right side, like a capital letter “D”.
There are three types of Waxing Moons:
- Waxing Crescent – Looks like an inverted letter “C” and precedes the half moon
- Half Moon (First Quarter) – Looks like a capital letter “D”
- Waxing Gibbous – After the half moon, the rest of the circle begins to fill in, so it looks like a cross between the capital letter “D” and a full circle
The Waxing Moon can be likened to the growing stages of pregnancy – after a new seed has been planted during the New Moon, it’s time for growth and development.
This is a great time to draw things towards you or to increase certain things in your life. Waxing Moon energy is great for empowering intentions related to abundance and expansion.
- Drumming up new business or clients
- Increasing your social media reach
- Making new friends
- Deepening a romantic relationship
- Eating more healthy foods, or drinking more water
- Improving your fitness: increasing muscle mass, endurance, flexibility
- Attracting more income opportunities
- Making more money in general
- Increasing your ability to retain more knowledge through study
- Mastering the Law of Attraction
- Increasing your own compassion and empathy for others
The Moon is in her waxing phase for about 2 weeks, so that gives you plenty of time to take advantage of this fortuitous time of the month!
Remember though, that what you draw more of whatever it is you focus on; if you focus mainly on what you DON’T want, then guess what – you’ll just end up getting more of that. Change the tape recorder (remember those?) in your mind to focus on your desires.
For example, instead of:
“I only have x amount of social media followers, I wish I had more!”
“I love all of my social media followers! They interact with my work, and I bring them amazing value”
When setting your intention to attain something, be sure to phrase it in a positive, thankful light. Maintaining a Gratitude Practice is one of the best ways to keep drawing more good things to you. Read more about how to start a gratitude practice here, and how it changed my life here.
The final thing to remember is to be open to receive! Many times, we have everything we want at our fingertips; we just don’t see it or don’t feel we’re worthy. Waxing Moon energy is great for helping you cultivate an attitude of gratitude and increased self-worth. If that’s your issue, begin with that, and then next month, you’ll be in a better place to receive the abundant blessings around you.
Read the other posts in this series:
Image credit: Michael & Diane Weidner